Saturday, October 25, 2008

Flights of Fancy

Well I decided to start a blog and here it is. It seems like the thing to do for young artists, so I thought I would give it a try. I have a website too that will be seeing some major changes soon. www.beesimmons.co.nr That is my husband's project and I think that this blog will be simple enough that it can be mine.

I took down my first solo exhibition entitled Flights of Fancy this afternoon. My work was shown in the Craft Studio Gallery in Memorial Union on the University of Missouri Columbia campus. The show ran from October 13th through the 25th. We had the closing reception last night and I think it was a success if I do say so myself. I sold over half the pieces so that made me very excited. The sales were to friends and family but it still felt great to know that they appreciated my work enough to want to put it in their homes. I will upload more pictures as they get edited.

No comments: